How are you doing with the quiz so far? Hope you are enjoying the challenge! Three more rounds to go!
Here are the answers to Round Five, the Second Picture Round (Slightly More Difficult!)
Give yourself two points for each correct common name, three points for each correct Latin name and five points for both!
From top left to bottom right:
- Widow Iris – Iris tuberosa
- Pincushion Protea – Leucospermum cordifolium
- Hyacinth Bean – Lablab purpureus
- Night Phlox – Zaluzianskya ovata
- Canary Island Geranium – Geranium palmatum
- Chicory – Cichorium intybus
- Viper’s Bugloss – Echium vulgare
- Bergamot/Bee Balm – Monarda didyma
- Leopard’s Bane – Doronicum orientale
- Coneflower/ Black-eyed Susan – Rudbeckia laciniata
- Arizona beggarticks – Bidens aurea
- Perennial Sunflower – Helianthus
Round Six – A Flower By Any Other Name!
Each of the following cryptic clues is a word that is both a flower and a female name
One point for each correct answer
- _ _ _ L _ _ Loved by Victorians
- _ R _ _ Someone over the rainbow
- _ _ T _ _ _ _ A good hanging
- _ A _ _ _ Lawn pest
- _ _ _ M _ _ _ _ Vulgar?
- _ _ _ M _ _ _ A Disney Princess
- _ _ _ C _ _ _ _ A Bouquet?
- _ _ L _ Savage
- _ _ _ L _ _ Ultra?
- _ O _ _ _ To Remember
Round Six answers and Round Seven questions here on Friday.