Welcome back! Two Rounds to go!
Here are the answers to Round Six – The Missing Letters Round!
Give yourself one point for each correct answer
- AZALEA Loved by Victorians
- IRIS Someone over the rainbow (Greek Goddess of the Rainbow)
- PETUNIA A good hanging (Hanging basket plant)
- DAISY Lawn pest
- PRIMROSE Vulgar? (Primula vulgaris)
- JASMINE A Disney Princess (no, I didn’t know either!)
- HYACINTH A Bouquet? (Keeping Up Appearances?)
- LILY Savage (Paul O’Grady – Lily Savage)
- VIOLET Ultra? (Ultra Violet)
- POPPY To Remember (Remembrance Day symbol)
Round Seven – Multiple Choice!
Choose the correct answer to these ten questions.
One point for each correct answer
- From where do Amaryllis bulbs originate?
a. South America
b. South Africa
c. South Korea
d. South Sudan
- Traditionally, white chess pieces are made from which wood?
- In England, a Yule log is traditionally Oak. What is it in Scotland?
- Which is the most popular type of tree sold at Christmas in the UK?
a. Norway Spruce
b. Fraser Fir
c. Nordmann Fir
d. Scots Pine
- Bedford Fillbasket, Cromwell and Wellington are all types of what?
d. Brussel Sprout
- What type of bedding plant can survive the cold months?
- The leaves and flowers of the Christmas Bush are often used for decoration in which country at Christmas?
b. The USA
- Which spice is added to oranges to provide a pleasant smelling Christmas decoration?
- In 1841, Prince Albert erected the first Christmas tree at which Royal residence?
a. Windsor Castle
b. Buckingham Palace
d. Kensington Palace
- Mistletoe is a type of what?
Round Seven answers and the FINAL Round Eight questions will be here on Monday.