Welcome Back! Hope you are enjoying the quiz. I know some of the questions are real stinkers but there’s no point if it’s too easy!
Here are the answers to Round Four – the General Knowledge Round: Give yourself one point for each correct answer
- What name is given to the pollen-producing reproductive organ of a flower composed of an anther and filament? Stamen
- Which small flower, usually with 5 blue or purple petals, is associated with freemasonry? Forget-me-not
- What flower did the Victorians call a gillyflower? Carnation or Clove Pink
- The anniversary of which prime minister’s death is commemorated in the U.K. as Primrose Day? Benjamin Disraeli
- Which blue flower of the genus Veronica is also the name of the ship which was to accompany the Mayflower with the Pilgrim Fathers? Speedwell
- The fleur-de-lys is what type of flower? Lily
- Which flower according to legend bloomed everywhere that lord Buddha walked? Lotus
- Which plant with red leaves gets its common name from the first American Minister to Mexico? Poinsettia
- Which daisy-like flower, the national flower of Mexico, gets its name from an 18th century Swedish Botanist? Dahlia
- Azaleas are flowering shrubs in which genus? Rhododendron
Round Five – Second Picture Round (Slightly more difficult!)
Top left to bottom right, identify the flowers in the pictures.
Two points for the common name, three points for the Latin name, five points for both!
The answers to Round Five and questions for Round Six will be here on Wednesday.