Welcome back to Round Four. Glad you are still with us!
Firstly, here are the answers to Round Three, the First Picture Round!
Give yourself one point for each correct common name, two points for each correct Latin name, and three points for both!
Top left to bottom right:
- Tobacco Plant – Nicotiana mutabilis
- Globe Thistle – Echinops ritro
- Leopard Lily – Belamcanda chinensis
- Pale Purple Coneflower – Echinacea pallida
- Regal Lily – Lilium regale
- Maltese Cross – Lychnis chalcedonica
- Gentian Sage – Salvia patens
- Morning Glory – Ipomea tricolor
- Crow Garlic – Allium vineale
- Spanish Flag – Ipomea lobata
- Climbing Snapdragon – Either: Maurandella antirrhiniflora / Maurandya barclayana / Asarina scandens
- White Lace Flower – Orlaya grandiflora
Round Four – General Knowledge
One point for each correct answer
- What name is given to the pollen-producing reproductive organ of a flower composed of an anther and filament?
- Which small flower, usually with 5 blue or purple petals, is associated with freemasonry?
- What flower did the Victorians call a gillyflower?
- The anniversary of which prime ministers death is commemorated in the U.K. as Primrose Day?
- Which blue flower of the genus Veronica is also the name of the ship which accompanied the Mayflower with the Pilgrim Fathers?
- The fleur-de-lys is what type of flower?
- Which flower according to legend bloomed everywhere that lord Buddha walked?
- Which plant with red leaves gets its common name from the first American Minister to Mexico?
- Which daisy-like flower, the national flower of Mexico, gets its name from an 18th century Swedish Botanist?
- Azaleas are flowering shrubs in which genus?
The answers to Round Four and questions for Round Five will be here on Monday.